It is much to my regret that I cannot go out with you this weekend.
(2021北京卷;主题·人际交往;应用文——道歉信)
非常遗憾,这个周末我不能和你一起出去了。
核心句型
It is much to my regret that ...
非常遗憾……
用于表达歉意或遗憾之情
It is much to my regret that I cannot attend your graduation ceremony due to a sudden family emergency. 非常遗憾,由于家里突然有急事,我无法参加你的毕业典礼了。(道歉信)
It is much to my regret that your team didn't win the championship this year. 非常遗憾,你的球队今年未能夺得冠军。(慰问信)
It is much to my regret that the event you were looking forward to has been canceled due to bad weather. 非常遗憾,由于恶劣天气,您期待的活动取消了。(道歉信)
It is much to my regret that I was unable to fulfill my commitment to attend the event last Friday due to unforeseen circumstances. 非常遗憾,由于不可预见的情况,上周五我未能履行出席活动的承诺。(道歉信)
regret [rɪˈɡret] n. [U, C] 遗憾
go out 出门参加社交活动
在道歉信中,用于引出“需道歉事宜”的常用表达有:
1. I must express/convey my sincere/heartfelt apology that ... 我必须表达我对……的诚挚的/衷心的歉意。
2. I'm writing to express my heartfelt apology for the fact that ... 我写这封信是为……这件事表示衷心的歉意。
3. I'm awfully/excessively/terribly sorry to tell/inform you that ... 我非常抱歉地告诉/通知你……
4. I am truly/sincerely sorry that ... 我真的很抱歉……
5. I am writing to apologize to you for ... 我写信是为……向你道歉。
6. Please accept my sincere apologies for ... 请接受我诚挚的歉意……
I must express my sincere apology that I missed the deadline for submitting our project report. 我必须表达我的诚挚歉意,因为我错过了提交项目报告的最后期限。
I'm writing to express my heartfelt apology for the fact that I missed your important announcement. 我写这封信是为错过了你的重要通知这件事表示衷心的歉意。
I'm excessively sorry to tell you that I won't be able to attend the lecture on the classical literature this Sunday morning. 我非常抱歉地告诉你,我不能参加本周日上午关于古典文学的讲座了。
I am truly sorry that I have to cancel our meeting due to unforeseen circumstances. 我真的很抱歉,由于不可预见的情况,我不得不取消我们的会议。
I am writing to apologize to you for losing the book that I borrowed from you. 我写这封信是为了向你道歉,我把从你那儿借的书弄丢了。
道歉信是一种用来表达歉意和寻求谅解的书面沟通方式。根据道歉事宜的不同,道歉信可分为两种:
1. 对已发生的事情或已对他人造成实质影响的事情进行道歉,如未及时归还他人物品、损坏了他人物品等;
2. 对未发生的事情或暂未对他人造成实质影响的事情进行道歉,如不能如期赴约等。
在写道歉信时,可参照如下结构: