This section focuses on letters to begin business relationships.It includes two letters about the buyers proposing to sellers to build business relationships and two ones about the sellers replying to buyers.
1.through the courtesy of承蒙……告知
Through the courtesy of Mr.White,we are given to understand that you are one of the leading importers of silk in your area.
经由怀特先生我方得悉贵公司为所在地区中最大的丝绸进口商之一。
2.commercial counselors商务参赞处
We have to know your name and address from the Commercial Counselors Office of the Chinese Embassy in London.
我们从中国驻伦敦大使馆的商务参赞处得知你们的名字和地址。
3.enter into business relations建立业务关系
enter into:establish,set up,build,open up开始(某种关系、事业、谈判等)
We wish to enter into business relations with you for our mutual benefits.
我们希望与贵方建立互利的贸易关系。
4.specialize in专门从事;专攻
This firm specializes in commercial brochures.
这家公司专门生产商业手册。
5.abundant大量的(considerable;sufficient)
There is an abundant supply of cheap labor.
有丰富的廉价劳动力供应。
6.acquaint使……知道(acquaint sb.with sth.)
Prior to the interview,acquaint yourself with the laws pertaining to job discrimination.
面试前,你要先熟悉与工作歧视有关的法律。
7.for your reference供你方参考
As requested,we are quoting below for your reference.
按照你们的要求,我们报价如下,供参考。
8.upon receipt of一收到……就
Upon receipt of payment,we will credit your account accordingly.
收到付款后,我们会相应存入您的帐户。
1.comply with遵守
Failure to comply with these conditions will result in termination of the contract.
不遵守这些条件将导致合同终止。
2.by separate post另邮寄出(under separate cover)
Meanwhile,we have also sent a catalog of our range of tinned vegetables by separate post,which we trust will teach you very soon.
同时,我们已另邮寄出一份我们罐装蔬菜系列产品目录,相信很快会抵达你处。
3.a copy of一份
Dear Sir,enclosed is a copy of my resume for your consideration.
敬启者,兹附上我的简历一份,请予以考虑。
4.catalog and price list目录和价目表
We will send you under separate cover catalog and price list.
关于目录与价格表,我们将另函寄出。
5.meet满足
Until these conditions are met,we cannot proceed with the sale.
除非这些条件得到满足,否则我们不能进行这项交易。
1.recommend推荐;介绍
She was recommended for the post by a colleague.
她获得同事推荐到这个岗位。
2.be engaged in从事
They are engaged in import and export.
他们做进出口贸易。
3.the latest catalog最新目录
Please airmail the latest catalog of electrical appliances.
请航寄最新电力器械目录。
4.sales possibility销售可能性
If so,please investigate the sales possibility of our products in Europe.
如果是这样,请调查本公司产品在欧洲的销售可能性。
5.be of interest to引起……的兴趣;对……感兴趣
We are sure that the styles and colors of our products will be of interest to you.
我们相信您会对我们产品的款式和颜色感兴趣的。
6.submit提交
Job applicants have to submit a sample of handwriting.
求职者必须提交一份笔迹样本。
1.Interest对……感兴趣(be interested in sth.)
Be interested in others and they are sure to be interested in you.
对别人感兴趣,别人肯定也对你感兴趣。
2.usual practice惯例;习惯做法;通常做法
It is the usual practice for a company to confirm only an irrevocable L/C.
通常惯例是银行只保兑不可撤销的信用证。
According to our usual practice,we establish business with our customers on CIF basis.
按照惯例,我们按照CIF价跟客户做生意。
3.financial statement财务报表;财务状况
We refer you to our bank for a statement about our financial standing.
关于我们的财务状况,请向我方银行查询。
4.deposit保证金
The initial deposit required to open an account is a minimum of USD 100.00.
开户需要的首笔存入额是至少100美元。
5.confidential秘密的;机密的
I must stress that everything I’ve told you is strictly confidential.
我必须强调,我告诉你的一切都要严加保密。