当你无法直飞去目的地的时候,就必须要转机了。顾名思义,转机就是要在途中转乘其他的飞机。要在哪里转乘、要坐哪一班飞机、要办什么手续等问题,一定要提前问清楚!
Jessie: I am going to transfer 1 in New York. What should I do?
我将在纽约转机,请问我该怎么做呢?
Flight Attendant: You will have to go to the Transfer Counter and check in.
您要到转机柜台办理登机。
Jessie: Will I receive 2 my new boarding pass 3 ?
我会领到新的登机牌吗?
Flight Attendant: Yes.
会的。
Jessie: What should I do with my baggage?
请问我的行李要怎么处理?
Flight Attendant: Please take your personal luggage off the plane and your checked luggage* will be transferred to your next plane.
请将您随身的行李带下飞机,而其他托运的行李会转送到您下一班乘坐的飞机上。
*可以换成→ checked-in luggage 托运行李
Jessie: Do you know how long the stopover will be?
请问你知道转机要多长时间吗?
Flight Attendant: It depends on which airline you are taking.
这取决于您选择的是哪一家航空公司。
1 transfer [trænsˈfɜ:(r)] v 转乘;转移
2 receive [rɪˈsi:v] v 收到;领到
3 pass [pɑ:s] n 通行证
1 Is this the transfer counter?
这里是转机柜台吗?
2 Which counter should I go to?
我应该到哪个柜台?
3 I am transferring to Tokyo. Where should I take the connecting flight?
我要转机到东京,应该在哪里搭乘接驳的航班呢?
4 How do I transfer to Los Angeles?
我要如何转机到洛杉矶呢?
5 I have to transfer here and continue my journey 1 to Chicago.
我必须在这里转机,然后前往芝加哥。
6 What procedures do I need to go through?
我需要办理哪些手续呢?
7 Here are my ticket, passport and boarding pass.
这是我的机票、护照还有登机牌。
8 What time will the plane be taking off? And what is the boarding gate number?
请问出发时间和登机口的号码是多少?
9 We will be announcing 2 the boarding time later on.
稍后我们会播报登机时间。
10 Are you sure that all my luggage has been transferred?
你确定我的行李都转送过来了吗?
11 About what time should I board again?
大约几点的时候我要再度登机呢?
12 Will this plane depart on time?
这班飞机会不会准时起飞?
13 How long is the layover 3 ?
转机时间有多长?
14 I have to change planes in L.A.
我需要在洛杉矶转机。
A: Will the plane depart on time?
这班飞机会不会准时起飞啊?
B: You'll see.
你会知道的。
A: Why does airport food taste horrible 4 ?
为什么机场里的食物这么难吃?
B: Beats me.
你问倒我了。
A: Honey, I'm craving 5 for sweets. Can you buy me a lollipop 6 , a chocolate mousse 7 , and a strawberry cake?
亲爱的,我好想吃甜食。你帮我买根棒棒糖、一份巧克力慕斯,还有一块草莓蛋糕好吗?
B: Anything you say.
都听你的。
A: My eyes hurt and I have a terrible 8 backache 9 . I'm extremely 10 exhausted 11 !
我的眼睛很痛,腰也很痛,我实在是累坏了!
B: Tell me about it!
这还用说!
A: What? The layover will be three or four hours!
什么?转机要花三四个小时!
B: That's what I heard.
我是这么听说的。
A: We've spent hours waiting for the plane to take off. We could be here all day!
我们等飞机起飞已经等了好几个小时了,是不是要等上一整天啊!
B: Patience, patience.
耐心点。
1 journey [ˈdʒɜ:nɪ] n 旅行;旅程
2 announce [əˈnaʊns] v 宣布;播报
3 layover [ˈleɪəʊvə(r)] n 中途下车;临时滞留
4 horrible [ˈhɒrəbl] adj 可怕的;糟透的
5 crave [kreɪv] v 渴望获得;迫切需要
6 lollipop [ˈlɒlɪpɒp] n 棒棒糖
7 mousse [mu:s] n (由泡沫奶油、蛋清、糖加香料搅拌后冷冻制成的)慕斯
8 terrible [ˈterəbl] adj 极度的;严重的
9 backache [ˈbækeɪk] n 背痛;腰痛
10 extremely [ɪkˈstri:mlɪ] adv 极度;非常
11 exhausted [ɪgˈzɔ:stɪd] adj 精疲力竭的;耗尽的