A: Mr. Crandall? I have to say I was bothered by the way you handled the meeting today.
克兰德尔先生?我得说你今天主持会议的方式令我无法理解。
B: How so? I thought it went fine.
为什么?我觉得会开得不错。
A: In fact, on the deal with Sanjiang Food Company, I still feel the same way. I don't think it's worth it.
事实上,关于和三江食品公司的那笔生意,我的想法仍然没变。我认为不值得做。
B: I've read your proposal and given it some serious thought. That's certainly true. In the short term we may lose money on this deal, but in the long term we can make large profits.
我看了你的建议,也认真考虑过了。你说的没错,这笔生意短期想必会亏本,但从长远来看我们能赚一大笔。
A: If I were you, I'd think twice about it.
如果我是你,我会三思而后行。
B: Thanks for your valuable advice and don't worry about it.
谢谢你的宝贵建议,不用担心。
A: Excuse me, Mr. Wang. I'd like to talk to you for a second.
打扰了,王总,我想和你谈一下。
B: Okay. Mike, What's up?
好啊,迈克,什么事?
A: I'm not sure what you expect me to do. You've not been very clear about any of these.
我搞不清楚你要我做什么,这些事你都没讲清楚。
B: We'd better get together to discuss them.
我们最好一起来讨论这些事。
A: I think that's a good idea.
我想这是个好主意。
B: Fine. Let's meet this afternoon. I'll draw you a better picture of the situation.
好,我们今天下午见。我会把情况给你描述得更清楚些。
A: Well, then see you afternoon!
嗯,下午见!
proposal [prə'pəuzəl] n. 建议,提议
frankly ['fræŋkli] adv. 坦白地,坦率地
constructive [kən'strʌktiv] adj. 建设性的
blunt [blʌnt] adj. 直言不讳的
to be honest / frank 坦白地说
lower level 下层
remark [ri'mɑ:k] n. 言辞
guide [gaid] v. 指导
wholeheartedly [ˌhəul'hɑ:tidli] adv. 诚心地
supervise ['sju:pəvaiz] v. 监督
1. May I suggest that we make a plan first?
我能不能建议我们先做一个计划?
2. Mr. Smith? I have to say I was bothered by the way you speak.
史密斯先生?我得说你说话的方式令我无法理解。
3. If you don't take my advice, you'll be sorry one day.
如果你不听我的劝告,总有一天你会后悔的。
4. Excuse me. I'd like to talk to you.
打扰了,我想和你谈一下。
5. Could I have a word with you?
我可以跟你谈谈吗?
6. Could you spare a minute?
能占用您一点时间吗?
1. That won't do!
那不行!
2. Let's not.
算了吧!
3. It won't work.
恐怕行不通。
4. I cannot give my support to you.
我不能赞同您的观点。
5. You don't have a leg to stand on!
你的话毫无道理!
1. Your suggestion is constructive.
你的提议很有建设性。
2. I put my trust in you.
我信任你。
3. I can't agree more with it.
我完全同意。
4. It's up to you.
听你的!
5. I think what you said is reasonable.
你说的有道理。
6. I totally agree with you.
我完全同意你的意见。
7. I think it's a good idea.
我想这是个好主意。
8. I'm right behind you.
我会支持你。
9. Thanks for your valuable advice.
谢谢你宝贵的建议。
1.
不要惧怕你的上司,摆正心态。
2.
把握时机,趁着上司心情好的时候与上司交谈。
3.
注意肢体语言。
4.
在谈话过程中,保持镇静,做到彬彬有礼,心胸开阔。
5.
用心倾听,把握要点。
1. The man who can shoulder the most risk will gain the deepest love and the supreme accomplishment.
那些敢于承担最大风险的人才能得到最深刻的爱和最大的成就。
2. The important thing in life is to have a great aim, and the determination to attain it.
生命中很重要的一点就是找到一个宏远目标,并下定决心实现它。
3. By doing we learn.
经一事,长一智。
4. Actions speak louder than words.
事实胜于雄辩。
5. A small error in the beginning is a great one in the end.
始于小错,终于大谬。