1. I have a favor to ask.
我想请你帮我一个忙。
2. Would you please do this for me?
你能为我做这件事吗?
3. Would you drive me to the store?
你能开车送我到那家店吗?
4. I'm sorry to bother you, but can you help me?
很抱歉来打扰你,能帮我一下吗?
5. Do you mind if I ask you a favor?
我可以请你帮个忙吗?
Would you give me a hand?
Would you please help me?
Could you help me out?
Would you mind giving me a hand?
6. Could you pass the sugar, please?
请你把糖拿过来行吗?
Could I have the sugar, please?
Could you hand me the sugar, please?
Could you give me the sugar, please?
7. Can I ask you a favor?
我想求你件事行吗?
May I ask a favor of you?
Could you do me a favor?
Could you help me?
Can you help me?
8. May I borrow your car?
能借用一下你的车吗?
May I use your car?
Is it okay if I use your car?
9. Can you help me with this form?
你能帮我填一下这张表吗?
10. This is the time to ask for outside assistance.
现在是向外界寻求帮助的时候了。
11. Can you lend me 20 dollars?
能借给我20美元吗?
12. Will you do me a favor and phone me?
你能否帮忙给我打个电话?
13. May I use your phone?
我能用一下你的电话吗?
14. Who can I turn to in my hour of need?
在我需要的时候我能向谁求助呢?
15. My car had stalled and I sought help from casual passers-by.
我的车发动不起来了,我就向碰巧路过的人求助。
16. Who can I ask for help?
我可以向谁寻求帮助呢?
17. The couple has sought help from their friends.
这对夫妇从朋友那里寻求帮助。
18. We had to come here to seek assistance.
我们只好来到这里寻求帮助。
19. Finding her car stolen, she called the police for help.
发现轿车被偷了,她打电话向警察求助。
20. You can ask for help whenever you need it.
只要你需要可以随时求助。
21. Our recourse in illness is to a doctor.
患病时我们求助于医生。
22. They always turn to me when they are in trouble.
他们有困难的时候,总是来找我寻求帮助。
23. You'd better ask her for help.
你最好向她求助。
24. He wants to telephone the garage for help.
他想给修车厂打电话求助。
25. You had no recourse.
你没有求助对象。
1. Sure. What is it?
当然。什么事?
2. It's no bother.
没问题。
3. Sure. Here you are.
好的。给你。
4. Go right ahead.
请用吧。
5. I'll be glad to.
乐意为你效劳。
I'd be happy to.
With pleasure.
1. Sorry, I'm busy.
对不起,我很忙。
2. Sorry, I am in a hurry.
对不起,我赶时间。
3. I'm sorry, but it's just not possible. I have to use it this Friday.
对不起,不行。我这周五要用。
George: Hello, Arthur. Can you do me a favor?
Arthur: Sure. What is up?
George: My car has broken down.
Arthur: You should telephone the garage for help.
George: I have done it. But now I have an urgent appointment. Could you drive me to the subway station?
Arthur: With pleasure. Get in.
George: Thanks a lot!
乔治: 你好,亚瑟。你能帮我个忙吗?
亚瑟: 当然。什么事?
乔治: 我的车子出故障了。
亚瑟: 你应该给修车厂打电话求助。
乔治: 我已经打过了。但是现在我要去赴一个很急的约会。你能载我去地铁站吗?
亚瑟: 我很乐意。上车吧。
乔治: 多谢!
favor ['feivə] n. 恩惠;好意
urgent ['ə:dʒənt] adj. 紧急的,急迫的
pleasure ['pleʒə] n. 愉快,高兴
garage [ɡəˈrɑ:ʒ] n. 车库;修车厂
subway station 地铁站