Today is April Fool's Day. Steven is going to play a joke on Bill.
Steven: Bill, I must tell you the truth. You failed the English exam again.
Bill: Ah? Really? That stinks!
Steven: Haha, April Fool's! Do you forget what day it is today?
Bill: Wow, you were pulling my leg all along. I was really fooled.
Steven: Alright, now let's be serious. Actually, you get high marks in the exam.
今天是愚人节,史蒂文打算跟比尔开个玩笑。
史蒂文: 比尔,我必须跟你说实情了。你英语考试又没及格。
比尔: 啊?不是吧?太糟了!
史蒂文: 哈哈,今天是愚人节!怎么你忘了?
比尔: 哇,原来是骗我的。我被捉弄了!
史蒂文: 好了,不跟你开玩笑了。其实你考的分数很高。
stink [stɪŋk] v. 散发臭味;招人厌;糟透
serious [ˈsɪərɪəs] adj . 严肃的;认真的;严重的
1. Happy April Fool's Day. 愚人节快乐。
2. April Fool's Day is on April 1st. 愚人节是4月1号。
3. April Fool's Day is a day to play jokes on others. 愚人节是可以向别人开玩笑的节日。
4. Did you suffer a lot on April Fool's Day? 你愚人节遭殃了吗?
5. Many people look for little jokes to play on their friends.
不少人会向朋友开些无伤大雅的玩笑。
6. I wondered if it was an April Fool's joke. 我怀疑这是个愚人节的玩笑。
7. There really wasn't a "first April Fool's Day" that can be pinpointed on the calendar.
没法在日历上标明第一个愚人节是什么时候。
8. April Fool's Day is a western festival. 愚人节是西方的一个节日。
9. It really was April Fool's Day for me. 那天对我来说真是愚人节。
10. I was really fooled. 我被捉弄了。
11. When did the first April Fool's Day begin?第一个愚人节始于什么时候?
12. April Fool's Day is a "for-fun-only" observance. 愚人节纯粹是供大家开心的日子。
13. We often play jokes with other people on April Fool's Day.
在愚人节那天,我们经常和别人开玩笑。
14. Do you know about April Fool's Day? 你了解愚人节吗?
15. April Fool's Day has already been a festival of naughty boys in USA.
愚人节在美国已是淘气的男孩子们的节日了。
16. I realized my friends were pulling my leg. 我意识到朋友们是在跟我开玩笑。
17. It's a custom to play tricks on others on the first day of April in that place.
在愚人节那天捉弄别人是那个地方的习俗。
18. People have been celebrating April Fool's Day for a long time.
人们庆祝愚人节已有很长一段时间了。
19. The traditional trick is to throw flour at friends.传统的恶作剧是往朋友的身上洒面粉。
20. April Fool's Day developed into an international fun feast.
愚人节发展成了一个国际性的趣味节日。
精悍对话,句句含金
A: Be careful. You may be fooled by your friends today.
B: Thank you for reminding me.
A: 小心点,你的朋友今天或许会捉弄你。
B: 谢谢你提醒我。
Pardon? 请再说一遍!
没有听清别人的话,要求对方再重复一次时的常用语。也可以用 "Pardon me?" 或 "I beg youpardon?" 来表示。
例:
——What are you doing here? 你在这儿干什么?
——I beg your pardon? 请您再说一遍。