购买
下载掌阅APP,畅读海量书库
立即打开
畅读海量书库
扫码下载掌阅APP

第一章
习语篇

常用英语习语
a blank slate 新的一页,新的开始

常用口语句子

1.No karmic similarities of personality or anything,just starts over like a blank slate.

没有人格或者任何什么的因果和相似,只是完全重新开始。

2.Today,MRM will begin a blank slate!Let us all hope that MRM will have a successful future!

从今天开始,江苏开德将揭开崭新的一页,让我们共同期待江苏开德的明天更加灿烂!

3.Nobody likes starting with a blank slate when trying to do something new.

在尝试一件新事情时,没有人希望从一无所知的状态开始。

常用英语习语
a bone to pick 争端,不满

常用口语句子

1.One of my staff had a bone to pick with me concerning my opinion.

我的一位部下对我的观点提不同意见。

2.I've got a bone to pick with you.Why did you take my bicycle?

我要找你算账,你为什么骑走我的自行车?

3.He's always looking for a bone to pick with me.

他老是挑我的毛病。

常用英语习语
a cat nap 打个盹儿

常用口语句子

1.Why don't you take a quick cat nap after lunch?

你何不在午餐过后赶快打个盹?

2.I was up late last night so I had a cat nap at my desk today.

我昨夜很晚才睡,所以今天趴在桌子上偷偷打了个小盹儿。

3.After working in the garden all morning,I had a cat nap before lunch.

整个上午我都在花园里干活,午饭前我小憩了一会儿。

常用英语习语
a couch potato 懒鬼

常用口语句子

1.He is a couch potato.

他是一个懒鬼。

常用英语习语
a cake walk 易事

常用口语句子

2.The five-month project seemed to be a cake walk.

这个五个月的计划,似乎很简单。

3.It is such a cake walk.I can finish it in an hour.

这是一件简单的事,我能在一小时内做完。

4.Resolving the budget crisis was a cake walk compared to what others expect him to accomplish.

解决预算危机这件事与其他的别人期望他完成的事

相比,简直是小打小闹。

常用英语习语
a headache 头痛的事,麻烦事

常用口语句子

1.This is another big headache for him.

这是另一件使他非常头痛的事。

2.Freak weather conditions are a headache for skippers.

反常的天气条件对于船长们来说是件头痛的事。

3.Now that our boy is growing up,the constant need for new clothes for them is getting to be a real headache.

因为我们的男孩子们正处于成长期,所以经常需要给他们买新衣服,这真是一件令人头痛的事。

常用英语习语
a knock out 美得让人倾倒

常用口语句子

1.What a knock out!

绝代佳人!

2.Benjamin is a knock out.

本杰明是一位英俊的男士。

3.Because she herself was convinced of it,the woman in the restaurant was a knock out.

因为她自己也相信,餐厅里的女人是个美女。

常用英语习语
a load off my mind 放心

常用口语句子

1.The good news have take a load off my mind.

听了这个好消息,我就放心了。

2.Good news took a load off my mind.

这个好消息卸去了我心头的重担。

3.If this is really true,it'll take a load off my mind.

果真如此,我就放心了。

常用英语习语
a nut 傻子,疯子

常用口语句子

1.These days,I'm just a nut.

那些日子,我就是一个傻子。

2.I was quite a nut about such things.

对那些事,我是着了迷。

3.He drives like a nut,he'll kill himself one day.

他开汽车像个疯子,不定哪天会因此丧命。

常用英语习语
a pain in the neck 麻烦事

常用口语句子

1.This job is really becoming a pain in the neck.

这件工作真的变得很麻烦了。

2.Changing trains is really a pain in the neck.

唉!换车真是令人厌烦。

3.Your little brother is a pain in the neck.

你弟弟真是不胜其烦,令人难以忍受。

常用英语习语
a piece of cake 小菜一碟,易事一件

常用口语句子

1.It is a piece of cake for me to solve this problem.

解决这个问题对我来说简直太容易了。

2.It is a piece of cake for her to win that prize!

夺得那个奖,对于她来说简直易如反掌。

3.He thinks it'll be a piece of cake.

他认为那是轻而易举的事。

常用英语习语
around the clock 夜以继日

常用口语句子

1.Surgeons are working around the clock to save his life.

外科医生们正在日夜工作以抢救他的生命。

2.He studied around the clock for his history exam.

他日以继夜地准备历史考试。

3.The workers work in three shifts around the clock.

工人们日夜不停地分三班轮流干活。

★surgeon/‘sɜːdʒən/n.外科医师

★shift/ʃɪft/n.轮值的班

常用英语习语
a shot in the dark 瞎猜

常用口语句子

1.I didn't know.I was only a shot in the dark.

我不知道。那只是我瞎猜的。

2.It's hard to know exactly what to do,we'll just have to take a shot in the dark.

很难说怎么办才对,我们只好瞎碰。

3.It was just a shot in the dark,but I got the right answer.

我是瞎猜猜的,可是我猜对了。

常用英语习语
a short fuse 脾气火爆

常用口语句子

1.Don't irritate her,she's on a short fuse today.

别惹她,她今天动不动就发火。

2.Boy,that football coach sure has a short fuse.

天哪,那个足球教练真是个脾气暴躁的人。

3.Do not argue with Joe,he has a short fuse and may start fighting.

不要跟乔争论,他脾气暴躁,可能会动粗。

常用英语习语
a slam dunk 轻而易举的事

常用口语句子

1.The show was a slam dunk for the artist,who sold every painting he exhibited.

展览是这位画家的一次巨大成功,他展出的画全部售出。

2.After writing twenty page paper for a class last week,writing a three page paper for this class was a slam dunk.

上星期那门课才写过一篇二十页的报告,现在这门课的报告只要三页,这是轻而易举的事。

常用英语习语
a slap in the face 公然受辱

常用口语句子

1.It's just such a slap in the face.

真是丢脸。

2.It is a bit of a slap in the face when she refused to see me.

她拒绝见我,这简直是侮辱我。

常用英语习语
a stick in the mud 扫兴;老古董

常用口语句子

1.How can you refuse to go to the show with all your friends?Don't be such a stick in the mud.

你怎么能拒绝和你的朋友们一起去看表演呢?别这么扫兴。

2.Cathy is such a stick in the mud.She never wants to try anything new.

凯茜真保守,她从不想尝试新事物。

3.My father is a stick in the mud,he won't allow me to go camping with friends.

我父亲是个老古董,他是不会准许我和朋友去露营的。

常用英语习语
a turn coat 叛徒

常用口语句子

1.Smithson is a turn coat.He left his own group and went over to the opposition.

史密森是个叛徒,因为他离开了他的团队,投靠了对手。

2.Jack is just a turn coat.He told my secret to Mary.

杰克就是个叛徒。他把我的秘密告诉了玛丽。

常用英语习语
ace 得到完美的结果

常用口语句子

1.Do you know how to ace your examination?

你知道如何通过考试吗?

2.I will definitely ace this test.

我一定会通过这次考试的。

3.Highly skilled tennis players can ace their opponents without difficulty.

网球高手通过发球便能轻松战胜对手。

常用英语习语
all ears 洗耳恭听

常用口语句子

1.Tell me your story,I'm all ears.

告诉我你的故事,我洗耳恭听。

2.She was all ears in class.

她全神贯注地听课。

3.If you have any other advice for me,I'm all ears.

如果你还有其他任何的建议,我都愿意洗耳恭听。

常用英语习语
all thumbs 笨手笨脚

常用口语句子

1.What a bummer!I'm all thumbs today anyway.

真糟糕!我今天整天都是笨手笨脚的。

2.He's all thumbs when it comes to his girlfriend.He just can't do anything right!

他一遇到他女朋友,就笨手笨脚的,什么事都做不好。

常用英语习语
an open and shut case 明显的事件

常用口语句子

1.We think this is an open and shut case.

我们认为这是一目了然的事情。

2.That doesn't appear to be such an open and shut case anymore.

但是现在这种情况看来要改变了。

常用英语习语
ants in one's pants 坐立不安

常用口语句子

1.You have ants in your pants today.Is something wrong?

你今天坐立不安的,出什么事了吗?

2.I don't know,but it looks like they've got ants in their pants.

我不知道,不过看起来他们好像坐立不安。

3.Why do you always look like having ants in your pants?

你怎么总是一副坐立不安的样子?

常用英语习语
backfire 弄巧成拙,适得其反

常用口语句子

1.Even our most carefully laid plans may backfire.

甚至我们最周密的计划也可能产生适得其反的结果。

2.If what you're saying is not compelling,it could backfire.

如果你说的话本身就不具可信性,就只能适得其反了。

常用英语习语
back out 食言;罢手,退缩

常用口语句子

1.It's too late to back out now.

现在要打退堂鼓为时已晚。

2.Once you've given your word,don't try to back out.

一旦许下诺言,就不要想反悔。

3.The bank backs out of the contract.

银行终止该项合同。

★contract/‘kɔntrækt/n.合同

常用英语习语
bad blood 怨恨,不满,厌恶感

常用口语句子

1.There has been bad blood between the two families for years.

这两家积怨已经很多年了。

2.There is bad blood between them.

他们之间感情不和。

3.He made bad blood between John and Mary.

他在约翰和玛丽之间挑拨离间。

常用英语习语
bad debts 坏账

常用口语句子

1.Collecting bad debts is often a difficult affair.

收呆账往往是件棘手的事。

2.The biggest worry for banks is bad debts.

银行最担心的是坏账。

3.My business is in financial trouble because of a series of bad debts.

因为有许多收不回的债款,我的生意陷入了财政困难。

★financial/faɪ’nænʃl/adj.金融的,财政的

常用英语习语
be a steal 便宜货

常用口语句子

1.The hat is a steal at 10 yuan.

这帽子只卖10元,真便宜。

2.Ladies and gentlemen,it's a steal at only$50.

女士们、先生们,这个只卖50美元,太便宜啦。

3.At$50 this TV set was a steal!

这台电视机只卖50美元,真是便宜!

常用英语习语
be dying to 渴望

常用口语句子

1.I'm dying to eat something.

我极想吃点东西。

2.She's dying to know where you've been.

她极想知道你到哪儿去了。

3.I'm dying to see what it is.

我渴望看到是什么东西。

常用英语习语
be fed up with 受够了,厌倦,厌烦

常用口语句子

1.I'm fed up with waiting for her to telephone.

我等她的电话都等得不耐烦了。

2.I am fed up with his complaints.

我听够了他的怨言。

3.We are fed up with your temper.

我们受够了你的脾气。

★complaint/kəm‘pleɪnt/n.抱怨,埋怨

★temper/‘tempə(r)/n.脾气,性情

常用英语习语
beat a dead horse 徒劳

常用口语句子

1.I hate to beat a dead horse,but it is very important that you understand this before you leave.

我不想多此一举,但你离开以前必须了解这个。

2.Don't beat a horse like that.

不要再做像那样徒劳的事情了。

常用英语习语
bet on it 有把握,无疑

常用口语句子

1.I'm hoping Chinese group wins,but I wouldn't bet on it.

我希望中国队会赢,不过,我不能肯定中国队一定能赢。

2.So I think this will last for a long time.Nobody can see how quickly but I would not bet on it finishing soon.

所以我觉得渡过此次危机是一个漫长的过程,没人可以预见到底什么时候能过去,但是我确信应该不会太快。

常用英语习语
better half 我的另一半

常用口语句子

1.You mean he is tired of his better half?

你意思是说他对他的另一半厌倦了?

2.I promised to take my better half shopping this afternoon.

我答应我妻子今天下午带她去买东西。

3.I hope she will become my girlfriend and my better half in the long run.

我希望她能成为我的女友,最终成为我的老婆。

常用英语习语
big deal 要人;要事

常用口语句子

1.It's no big deal.

这没什么大不了的。

2.I can see why you made such a big deal about her.

我知道了为什么你对她那么在意。

3.It may not seem like such a big deal to you,but you can make profit in the long run.

这对你来说并不是什么大不了的事,但是长远来看那是有利可图的。

★make profit 有利可图

★in the long run 从长远来看

常用英语习语
big headed 傲慢,自大

常用口语句子

1.He is so big headed that everyone in his class keep at a distance with him.

他是如此骄傲自大,以至于班级里的每个人都与他保持距离。

2.Justin stays grounded and doesn't get big headed.

贾斯汀脚踏实地做人,也不盲目自大。

常用英语习语
bite the bullet 强忍痛苦

常用口语句子

1.We'd better to bite the bullet to solve the problem now.

我们最好现在咬紧牙关解决这个问题。

2.It had taken us ten years to bite the bullet on that deal,which had never earned us a dime.对这一桩从未给我们挣一分钱的买卖,我们苦苦容忍了十年。

常用英语习语
break a leg 表演真实,演出成功

常用口语句子

1.I hope you break a leg.

我希望你演出成功。

2.This is your big chance.Go there and break a leg!

这是你的一个重要的机会。上场去吧,争取大获成功!

3.I know you are going at in the play tonight.Break a leg!

我知道你今天晚上的比赛会很成功。祝你顺利!

常用英语习语
break the ice 打破僵局

常用口语句子

1.The host told a joke to his guest to break the ice.

主人为了打破僵局,给客人讲了个笑话。

2.Finally he managed to break the ice by talking about the movies.

最后,他谈论起电影来,从而打破了僵局。

3.The major purpose of his trip was to break the ice with our partner.

他此行的主要目的是与合作伙伴打破僵局。

常用英语习语
bright 聪明,灵光

常用口语句子

1.I was convinced that he was brighter than anyone else.

我确信他比其他任何人都聪明。

2.Who is that bright child sitting in the back of the classroom?

那个坐在教室后排的聪明小孩儿是谁?

3.He was a nice lad,bright and with a sunny disposition.

他是个不错的小伙子,聪明伶俐而且性格开朗。

★lad/læd/n.少年,小伙子

常用英语习语
brown nose 讨好,谄媚

常用口语句子

1.He is a brown nose.

他是一个马屁精。

2.That kid is trying to brown nose me now.

那孩子是想讨好我。

3.If I brown nose my mom by doing extra house work,perhaps she'll let me borrow her car tonight.

要是我多做家事,讨好我妈,也许她会让我今晚用她的车。

常用英语习语
butterflies in my stomach 心里紧张,七上八下

常用口语句子

1.I've got butterflies in my stomach.

我的心里七上八下的。

2.I always get butterflies in my stomach before a test.

我在考试之前都会感到紧张。

3.The first time I dated with a girl I had butterflies in my stomach.

第一次和女孩子约会,我心里忐忑不安。

常用英语习语
call it a day 决定或同意暂时或永久停止

常用口语句子

1.Let's call it a day.

今天到此为止吧。

2.I think I'll call it a day and go home.

我想收工回家了。

3.After forty years in politics he thinks it's time to call it a day.

他从政四十年,认为该结束了。

常用英语习语
call the roll 点名

常用口语句子

1.Now I'll call the roll.

现在我点名了。

2.I'll call the roll before class.

课前我要点名。

3.Quiet now,please.I'm going to call the roll.Jack?

请安静,我开始点名了。杰克?

常用英语习语
call it a night 一日事毕

常用口语句子

1.It's getting late,and your voice is getting a bit hoarse.Maybe we should call it a night?

现在有点晚了,而且你的声音也有点哑了,也许我们今晚就到此为止吧?

2.We've been working hard on this project all evening;let's call it a night.

我们已经为这个企划案忙了一晚,今晚就到此为止吧!

3.I don't want to spoil the party,but I am going to call it a night.

我实在不想破坏聚会的兴致,但我想回家了。

常用英语习语
dead end 尽头,困境

常用口语句子

1.With the failure of the experiment,we had reached a dead end.

试验失败了,我们一筹莫展。

2.We've come to a dead end in our talks.

我们的谈判已陷入僵局。

3.Don't get stuck in a dead end job.

别困在没有前途的工作里。

★failure/‘feɪljə(r)/n.失败

★get stuck in 进退维谷,陷入

常用英语习语
dead letter 无法投递的邮件;形同虚设的规定

常用口语句子

1.This is a dead letter,so I cannot deliver it.

这是一封无法投递的信件,我没法投递。

2.This law has become a dead letter.

此法已成为一纸空文。

3.The will itself is made a dead letter.

遗嘱本身成了一纸空文了。

★will/wɪl/n.遗嘱

常用英语习语
child’s play 容易干的事

常用口语句子

1.It's not a difficult climb,it should be child's play for an experienced mountaineer.

这次攀登并不难,对于有经验的登山运动员应是轻而易举的事。

2.Riding a bicycle is child's play when you've had some practice.

你只要稍加练习,骑自行车是件很容易的事。

3.This is child's play.I can definitely nail it.

这是一件极其容易的事,我肯定能搞定。

★mountaineer/maʊntɪ’nɪə/n.登山运动员

★definitely/‘defɪnətli/adv.明确地,确切地,肯定地

★nail/neɪl/v.抓住,搞定

常用英语习语
cool your lips 冷静下来

常用口语句子

1.Please cool your lips!There is something you have to handle.

请冷静下来,还有事情需要你处理呢。

2.She didn't cool down for hours after that argument.

在那场争辩之后,她好几个小时都没平静下来。

3.They help you cool down when you feel like your anger might explode.

当你感觉自己要怒火爆发的时候,他们会帮助你冷静下来。

常用英语习语
cost someone an arm and a leg 花钱很多,代价很大

常用口语句子

1.The car cost him an arm and a leg.

买这辆车他可花了血本。

2.It must have cost you an arm and a leg.

你一定为此花了很多钱。

3.These shoes cost me an arm and a leg.

我花了大价钱买这双鞋。

常用英语习语
cut to the chase 不绕圈子,开门见山

常用口语句子

1.I'll cut to the chase.We think you've been stealing from the company.

我直接说重点,我们认为你一直在窃取公司机密。

2.Paul,why don't you cut to the chase and tell us what happened after dinner.

保罗,为什么你不开门见山,告诉我们晚餐之后发生了什么?

3.Man,she already knows you like her,so just cut to the chase and talk to her.Don't be so nervous!

哎呀,她都知道你喜欢她了,就直接跟她说吧,别那么紧张。

常用英语习语
cry over spilt milk 为已经发生而无法补救的事懊悔

常用口语句子

1.You've broken it now;it's no use crying over spilt milk!

你现在既已把它损坏了,后悔是没有用的!

2.You have lost the game,but don't cry over spilt milk.

比赛失败了,但伤心也是徒劳的。

3.Don't cry over spilt milk.Let's bygones be bygones.

不要为不可挽回的失误难过了,过去的就让它过去吧。

★bygones/’baɪgɒnz/n.过去,过去的事情

常用英语习语
heart and soul 全心全意地

常用口语句子

1.Jane plays tennis badly,but with heart and soul.

简网球打得不好,但她却全力以赴。

2.She loved Mike heart and soul.

她全心全意地爱着迈克。

3.Tom put his heart and soul into the work.

汤姆全心全意地投身于工作之中。

常用英语习语
hot air 吹牛,说空话

常用口语句子

1.As far as I am concerned,he's nothing but hot air.

我看他只会讲空话。

2.I'd come to the conclusion by then that he was all hot air.

我那时已得出结论,他只会夸夸其谈。

3.His long speech was nothing but gas and hot air.

他的长篇大论只是吹牛和空话。

常用英语习语
down to the wire 最后关头

常用口语句子

1.I never leave it down to the wire.

我从来不把工作拖到最后关头。

2.It came down to the wire,but Chris haven't finished the report.

已经到最后关头了,但克里斯还是没有完成报告。

3.As the contest went down to the wire,he became very nervous.

随着比赛到了决胜关头,他变得十分紧张。

常用英语习语
drop the ball 失职

常用口语句子

1.I never drop the ball on any project or task.

我从没有搞砸任何一项工作。

2.We almost entered a contract with that company,but Jim dropped the ball and ruined everything.

我们几乎可以和那家公司签订合同了,但是吉姆的失职让一切都毁了。

★ruin/’ru:ɪn/v.毁坏

常用英语习语
easy money 得来容易的钱;不义之财

常用口语句子

1.Young people who look for easy money are usually disappointed.

希望能轻易赚钱的年轻人往往会大失所望。

2.We can buy them for$10 and sell them for$25—easy money.

我们可以花10美元把它们买进来,25美元卖出去——很轻易赚的钱。

3.That is what I call easy money,but easy come easy go.

这就是所谓的容易赚的钱,可是来得容易去得也容易。

★disappointed/dɪsə’pɔɪntɪd/adj.失望的

★easy come easy go 来得容易去得快

常用英语习语
easier said than done 说起来容易做起来难

常用口语句子

1.Why don't you get yourself a job?

你怎么不找个工作呢?

2.That's easier said than done.

说起来容易,做起来难哪。

3.We talk about reducing our costs,but it's easier said than done.

我们谈如何降低成本,但说起来容易,做起来就难了。

4.Take your time.You know that easier said than done.

别着急,慢慢来。你知道,说起来容易,做起来难。

常用英语习语
eat like a bird 吃得极少

常用口语句子

1.Alice is on a diet and she eats like a bird.

艾丽斯正在节食,她吃得极少。

2.You must eat like a bird if you want to lose weight.

你想减肥的话,就得少吃。

3.You're eating like a bird,I wish you would eat just a little more.

你吃的太少了,我希望你能尽量多吃一点。

常用英语习语
eat like a horse 吃得多

常用口语句子

1.He eats like a horse.

他吃得很多。

2.She can now eat like a horse.

她现在非常能吃。

3.She may be thin,but she eats like a horse.

她或许是瘦了点,但吃得却很多。

常用英语习语
eat up 吃光;耗尽;吞灭;使苦恼

常用口语句子

1.Eat up your vegetables.

把你的青菜吃光。

2.Big cars just eat up money.

大车就是消耗钱。

3.Jealousy was eating him up.

嫉妒心在折磨着他。

★vegetable/‘vedʒtəbl/n.绿色蔬菜

★jealousy/‘dʒeləsi/n.妒忌,猜忌

常用英语习语
face up to 勇敢地面对,面对事实

常用口语句子

1.He must face up to the fact that he is no longer young.

他应该勇于正视自己不再年轻这一事实。

2.It is a fact that must be faced up to.

这是必须正视的事实。

3.Pull yourself together and face up to life.

振作起来,面对生活。

★pull oneself together 振作起来

常用英语习语
feel blue 心情不好

常用口语句子

1.I'm feeling blue today.

我今天心情不好。

2.I feel blue on rainy days.

雨天使我感到心烦。

3.He has been feeling blue lately.

近来他闷闷不乐。

常用英语习语
flash in the pan 昙花一现

常用口语句子

1.We hope that this is a long-term opportunity,and not just a flash in the pan.

我们希望这是一个长远的机会,而不只是昙花一现。

2.The entrepreneurial companies are like the mushrooms after raining,but it is regret that many enterprises are just like a flash in the pan.

创业企业如雨后春笋般地出现,但遗憾的是不少企业犹如昙花一现。

★entrepreneurial/,ɒntrəprə’nɜ:rɪəl/adj.企业家的;创业者的

常用英语习语
get by 好,行,过得去;勉强维生,设法维持,对付

常用口语句子

1.I have no formal clothes for the occasion.Perhaps I can get by in a dark suit?

我没有适合那种场合的礼服,也许穿深色西服还行吧?

2.He should just about get by in the exam.

他这次考试应该能勉强及格。

3.How does she get by on such a small salary?

她靠那么一点儿薪水怎么过活?

★formal/‘fɔ:m(ə)l/adj.正式的

★occasion/ə’keɪʒn/n.时刻,时候,场合★salary/‘sælərɪ/n.薪金,薪水

常用英语习语
get on one’s nerves 使人不安;惹恼人;刺激神经

常用口语句子

1.Stop whistling!It's getting on my nerves!

别吹口哨了!扰得我心烦!

2.She's always moaning.It really gets on my nerves.

她总是抱怨,这真让我心烦。

3.His endless whining really gets on my

nerves.

他无休止的牢骚真让我心烦。

★whistle/‘wɪsl/v.发出哨子或汽笛等的声音

★moan/məʊn/v.抱怨,发牢骚

★endless/‘endlɪs/adj.无止境的,无穷尽的

★whine/waɪn/v.抱怨,埋怨

常用英语习语
have the final say 有决定权

常用口语句子

1.Who has the final say around here?

这里谁有最后决定权?

2.One or two persons should not have the final say.

不应该由一两个人说了算。

3.How can only one person have the final say on such an important matter?

这么大的事怎么能一个人说了算?

常用英语习语
in deep water 陷入困境

常用口语句子

1.John has been in deep water ever since he lost his job.

约翰失业后一直处于困境中。

2.It was easy at first,but we are in deep water now.

开始还容易,但现在我们遇到麻烦了。

3.Having lost her passport,she is now in deep water.

丢失护照她身陷困境。

常用英语习语
jump the gun 赛跑鸣枪前抢先跑出;性急地讲话或动作,过早行动

常用口语句子

1.They jumped the gun by building the garage before permission had been given.

他们未得许可就抢先建了车库。

2.Don't jump the gun.We need a further discussion.

不要草率行事,我们还需要做进一步讨论。

3.He dosen't want to jump the gun.

他不想操之过急。

常用英语习语
keep a cool head 镇静,保持冷静头脑

常用口语句子

1.Don't lose your tempers easily,keep a cool head.

别动不动就发火,要保持冷静!

2.Keep a cool head when things go wrong.

出问题时要保持冷静的头脑。

3.It's important for you to keep a cool head at this moment.

这时候保持头脑冷静是很重要的。

常用英语习语
keep an eye on 照看;密切注视

常用口语句子

1.Keep an eye on the baby.

照看一下这个婴儿。

2.Could you keep an eye on my suitcase for a moment?

你能给我照管一会儿手提箱吗?

3.He asked his neighbor to keep an eye on his house.

他请邻居照看他的房子。

常用英语习语
knock out 彻底打倒,使屈服;使某人经受不了或极为震惊

常用口语句子

1.Don't drink too much of this,it'll knock you out!

这种酒别喝太多,喝多了就醉了!

2.The film just knocked me out,it's the best thing I've ever seen.

这电影好得不得了,是我看过的最好的一部。

3.France knocked Belgium out of the European Cup.

法国队将比利时队淘汰出欧洲杯足球赛了。

常用英语习语
knock up 叫醒;匆匆准备或做某事物;筋疲力尽

常用口语句子

1.Would you please knock me up at 7 o'clock?

请7点钟敲门把我叫醒行吗?

2.Even though they weren't expecting us,they managed to knock up a marvelous meal.

他们虽然没想到我们要来,但还是设法匆匆做好了一顿丰盛的饭。

3.I knock up after work every day.

每天下了班,我都筋疲力尽。

常用英语习语
kill time 消磨时间

常用口语句子

1.My flight was delayed,so I killed time reading a book.

我那趟班机误点了,我只好看书消磨时间。

2.While I was waiting for her,I killed time by looking in the show window.

我等她的时候,以浏览陈列窗而消磨时间。

3.To kill time until the exhibition opened,we looked round the shops.

为了消磨时间等待展览开始,我们逛了逛商场。

常用英语习语
narrow escape 九死一生

常用口语句子

1.I congratulated myself on my narrow escape.

我庆祝自己死里逃生。

2.You were lucky to have a narrow escape.

你能够虎口余生,真是幸运。

3.He had a narrow escape.

他险遭不测。

常用英语习语
once bitten,twice shy 一次被咬,下次胆小;一次上当,下次小心

常用口语句子

1.She certainly won't marry again once bitten,twice shy.

她肯定不再结婚了,所谓一朝被蛇咬,十年怕井绳。

2.Jenny certainly won't go to swimming—once bitten,twice shy.

珍妮肯定不会再去游泳了,所谓“一朝被蛇咬,十年怕井绳”。

3.Once bitten,twice shy,you know.

你知道的,上一次当就要学一次乖。

常用英语习语
one’s cup of tea 喜欢的人/物

常用口语句子

1.Skiing isn't really my cup of tea.

滑雪不算是我的嗜好。

2.A nice,quiet evening at home—that's my cup of tea.

在家享受一个宁静美好的晚上是我的爱好。

3.Jazz just isn't my cup of tea—I prefer classical music.

爵士乐不是我喜欢的——我更喜欢古典音乐。

常用英语习语
pull oneself together 振作精神

常用口语句子

1.You must try to pull yourself together,your family depend on you.

你应该振作起来,你的家庭都依靠你呢。

2.You are able to pull yourself together.

你一定会振作起来。

3.Stop crying and pull yourself together!

别哭了,振作起来!

常用英语习语
rain cats and dogs 瓢泼大雨,倾盆大雨

常用口语句子

1.It's raining cats and dogs outside.

外面正下着倾盆大雨。

2.I was about to leave,when it began to rain cats and dogs.

我正要离开,这时候下起了倾盆大雨。

3.When we were well on the way,it began to rain cats and dogs.

我们正走到半路上,天下起大雨来了。

常用英语习语
run across 遇见,碰到

常用口语句子

1.We ran across some old friends in the village.

我们在村里偶然碰见了一些老朋友。

2.One day I happened to run across her.

有一天我碰巧见到她了。

3.I ran across an old friend of mine in the library.

我在图书馆里与一位老朋友不期而遇。

常用英语习语
waste one’s breath 白费口舌

常用口语句子

1.They won't listen,so don't waste your breath telling them.

他们听不进去,不必和他们白费唇舌了。

2.I'll not waste my breath on you.I can see you are not going to help us at all.

我不在这里跟你白费口舌了,我知道你根本不打算帮助我们。

3.I told them how to do it,but I was wasting my breath;they went and tried it their way—and failed!

我告诉他们怎么做,但是我徒费口舌,他们还是按自己的一套去做——结果失败了!

常用英语习语
wolf down 狼吞虎咽

常用口语句子

1.Don't wolf down your food.

吃东西不要狼吞虎咽。

2.I thought there would be some biscuits left but they've wolfed the lot!

我还以为能剩下些饼干,但是他们都给吃光了。

3.I have to wolf down my breakfast;I'm rushed for time.

我得快点吃完早餐,时间不够了。

常用英语习语
zip your lip 闭嘴,不说话

常用口语句子

1.You'd better zip your lip,or you'll be in trouble!

你最好闭嘴,否则你会有麻烦的!

2.Will you please zip your lip?

请闭上嘴,好吗?

3.Zip your lip.Can't you see they're annoyed?

闭上嘴!难道你看不出来人家不爱听么? EKBpfaNTyitRVmeXb1nWpp4jlwFcDMA6lYcs99g+716U6s2oKWC9aMm/ImB3mnni

点击中间区域
呼出菜单
上一章
目录
下一章
×