Could you do me a favor?不知您能否帮个忙?
★do sb a favor帮某人个忙
★give sb a hand帮某人个忙
A:Could you do me a favor?
您能否帮我个忙?
B:I certainly will if I can. What's up?
如果我能的话我当然愿意,什么事?
你还会用到
Would you please give me a hand?
请你帮我个忙好吗?
With pleasure.乐意效劳。
A:Can you take my bag for a while?
你能帮我拿下包吗?
B:With pleasure.
乐意效劳。
你还会用到
That's very nice of you. Thank you.
你真是太好了。谢谢你。
Could you bring me some water?能给我倒些水吗?
★bring sb sth为某人带来某物
A:Could you bring me some water?
能给我倒些水吗?
B:OK, wait a minute.
好的,等一下。
Can you get the call?
你能接下电话吗?
May I help you with your baggage?
我帮您拿行李,好吗?
★help sb.with sth.帮助某人做某事
A:May I help you with your baggage?
我帮您拿行李,好吗?
B:I think I can manage it. Thanks anyway.
我想我能行。但还是谢谢你。
Don't bother. I can do it by myself.不用麻烦了,我自己能行。
Thank you all the same.不管怎样还是很谢谢你。
I'm sorry I can't help you.抱歉我帮不了你。
A:I'm sorry;I can't help you.
抱歉我帮不了你。
B:Forget it.
没关系。
It doesn't matter.
没关系。
Is there anything I can do for you?
有什么我可以帮你吗?
Just let me know if you need any help.
如果你需要帮忙,就告诉我。
Just call me whenever you're in trouble.
什么时候你遇到麻烦,就给我打电话。
★cover for sb为某人代班
Can you cover for me on Tuesday?
周二能不能帮我代个班?
We'll try our best to help you out.
我们会尽力帮你摆脱困境。
★hand sb sth递给某人某物
Could you hand me the book, please?
您能把书递过来吗?
★bathroom洗手间
Could I possibly use your bathroom?
我能用一下您的洗手间吗?
May I bother you for a moment?
我可以打扰你一下吗?
Could you spare me a few minutes, Mr.Li?
李先生,耽误你几分钟行吗?
★Do you mind doing...?你介意做……?
Do you mind opening the window for me?
你介意帮我开一下窗吗?
No, not at all.
不,一点也不介意。
That would be a great help.Thanks a lot.
那真帮了大忙了。非常感谢。
★take up占用
I'm sorry to have taken up so much of your time.
占用了你这这么长时间,实在不好意思。
★be unable to do sth不能做某事
I'm willing to help you, but I'm unable to do so.
我爱莫能助。
A:Henry, I want to ask you something.
亨利,我想跟你说点事。
B:Say what you want to say.
说吧。
★wage工资
★lend sb.sth.=lend sth.to sb.借给某人某物
A:You see. The wage is not paid yet, I'm wonder-ing if you could possibly lend me some money.
你看,工资还没有发,我想知道,你是否能借我一点钱?
B:I am sorry. But I do not have any money to lend to you.
抱歉,我没钱借你。
A:Thomas, could you do me a favor?
托马斯,帮我一个忙好吗?
B:What's up?
什么事?
★pick up接待
★Capital Airport首都机场
A:Could you pick up David from Ford Company at the Capital Airport?
你能不能到首都机场接一下福特公司的大卫先生?
B:Why don't you go?
你为什么不去?
A:I'm supposed to do it, but the general manager called me last night. He said he couldn't come back to Beijing as schedule, so he asked me to attend this meeting for him.
我是应该去的,但是昨天晚上总经理打电话给我,说他不能按计划回北京,他让我替他出席这个会议。
B:I see. I'll do it for you.
我明白了,我就替你去接他吧!
A:Thanks a lot. It's very kind of you.
非常感谢。你真是太好了。