How are you doing?最近好吗?
★此种说法比How are you?更口语化,比较随意。
A:How are you doing?
最近好吗?
B:I'm good. Thank you.Where are you going?
很好。谢谢。你要去哪里呢?
How are you?你还好吗?
Hey, what's up?嗨,最近怎样?
Same old, same old.老样子。
A:How's it going?
近来好吗?
B:Same old. And you?
老样子。你呢?
Just so-so.一般吧。
Not much./Nothing.没什么事。
Fancy meeting you here.真没想到这里遇见你。
★fancy doing sth真没想到做某事
★surprise惊喜
A:Look, who is here!
天啊,是你!
B:Hi, Susie. Fancy meeting you here.How are you?
嗨,苏西。真没想到这里遇见你。你好吗?
Hi, long time no see.嗨,好久不见。
What a surprise to meet you here.没想到在这里遇见你。
What are you up to these days?最近在忙什么?
A:What are you up to these days?
最近在忙什么?
B:Well. I went for a holiday with my family.
哦。我和家人去度假了。
What are you doing these days?最近你都在做些什么?
I've been busy with my work lately.最近我一直忙于工作。
We can get together another time.
我们可以再找个时间聚一聚。
★stop by顺道拜访
A:We can get together another time.
我们可以再找个时间聚一聚。
B:I hope so, too.
我也希望如此。
We can call each other by phone then.到时候我们可以电话联系。
I just stopped by to say hello.我只是顺道过来打个招呼。
Remember me to your family.请代我向你家人问好。
★remember me to sb.代我向某人问好(说法比较随意)
★give my regards to sb.代我向某人问好(说法比较正式)
A:Remember me to your family.
请代我向你家人问好。
B:I certainly will. Thank you.
我一定会的。谢谢。
How is everyone at your house?你的家人都好吗?
Please give my regards to your family.请代我向你的家人问好。
Give my love to the children.代我向孩子们问好。
Where are you heading?
你这是要去哪里呢?
What brings you here today?
今天是什么风把你给吹来了?
What's going on?
你怎么了?出什么事了?
What a small world!What are you doing here?
这个世界真小啊!你在这里做什么呢?
I caught a cold.
我感冒了。
★catch a cold感冒
He's under the weather.
他身体不太舒服。
★under the weather俚语说法,表示“身体不舒服”。
Hope she will get better soon.
祝她早日康复。
A:Anne!
安妮!
B:Jenny!I haven't seen you for ages. How've you been?
珍妮!我好久没见你了。你过得怎么样?
for ages=for long好久
A:Fine. And you?
很好。你呢?
B:Not bad. It's great to see you.Where have you been?
不错。很高兴见到你。你到哪去了?
A:I'm going to do some shopping.
我要是去买点儿东西。
B:OK. See you around.
好的,回头见喽。
A:Hello Mike, long time no see. How's everything going?
你好,迈克,好久不见。近来好吗?
B:Fine. Thank you.And how is your wife?
很好。谢谢。你太太好吗?
A:She caught a cold yesterday, but she feels much better now.
她昨天感冒了,但是现在感觉好多了。
B:Well. I'm glad to hear that.Please give my regards to her.
嗯。我很高兴听你那么说。请代我问候她。
A:I sure will. Thanks.
我会的。谢谢。
B:You are welcome.
不客气。