在这些熟悉的面孔中,我意外地发现了几个新面孔。原来我的这些哥们儿、姐们儿都带着自己的MM和GG呢。几个月不见,变化还真大啊。赶紧介绍一下哦,朋友们,一起来吧,也让我们大家都互相认识一下。
My name is Kevin. 我的名字叫凯文。
或者可以直接说:
·I'm Kevin. 我叫凯文。
对方也会自报家门:
·Hey, Kevin. I'm Sam. 嘿,凯文,我是山姆。
礼貌的客套语:
·Nice to meet you. 很高兴见到你。
It's a pleasure to meet you. 见到你是件很高兴的事。
同样的表达:
·It's nice to meet you. 很高兴见到你。
·Nice to meet you. 很高兴见到你。
客套的回应:
·Yeah, nice to meet you too. 是啊,我也很高兴见到你。
I've heard good things about you. 我听说过关于你的好话。
从侧面打听:
·My friends have told me a little about you. You seem cool. 我朋友跟我说过一些你的事情。你看起来好酷。
·You seem like a nice guy, judging by what my friends have said. 从我朋友说的话判断,你像是个不错的人。
·My friends told me you were a nice guy. 我朋友跟我说你是个不错的人。
有点儿自嘲了:
·Well, that's sweet of them. I hope I live up to my reputation. 哦,他们真是太好了,我希望是名不虚传。
judge by 从……判断
live up to 符合,不辜负,无愧于
reputation[ˌrepju'teɪʃn] n. 名誉,名声
Here is my number. 这是我的号码。
告知电话号码:
·I'll give you my number. 我把我的号码给你。
互换号码:
·Cool. Here's mine. 太好了,这是我的。
·Alright. I'll give you mine too. 好的,我也把我的给你。
You can have one of my business cards, in case you want to email me. 如果你想给我发电子邮件,我可以给你一张我的名片。
如果是商务人士:
·Here's my business card. It has my email address on it. 这是我的名片,上面有我的电子邮箱。
·Here's a copy of my business card, since it has my email on it. 这是我的一张名片,上面有我的电子邮箱。
表达谢意:
·Thanks. 谢谢。
business card 名片,商务名片
It was nice meeting you. I'll see you around. 见到你很高兴,我们回头见。
见完面告别:
·It was a pleasure meeting you. I'll see you later. 见到你是件很高兴的事,我们一会儿见。
·I hope I get to see you around. It was nice meeting you. 希望我们回头见,见到你很高兴。
对方也礼貌表达:
·You too. See you. 也很高兴见到你,再见。
May I have your name, please? 您贵姓?
询问对方的名字:
·What's your name, please? 请问您叫什么名字?
·May I ask who you are? 您是哪位?
告知自己的姓名:
·My name's Kevin. 我叫凯文。
K=Kevin=凯文 S=Sophie=索菲
K: Hey! You must be Sophie.
K: 嘿!你一定是索菲了。
S: Yeah. Nice to meet you.
S: 是啊。很高兴见到你。
K: It's nice to meet you too. My name's Kevin.
K: 我也很高兴见到你。我叫凯文。
S: Steve's told me all about you.
S: 史蒂夫跟我说过你。
K: I hope he said only good things.
K: 我希望他说的都是好事。
S: He talks about how awesome you are all the time.
S: 他说你一直都挺棒的。
K: (laughs)Well, that's a relief. We should hang out sometime.
K: (笑)哦,这我就放心了。我们什么时候一起逛逛。
S: Sounds good to me. Give me a call when you're free.
S: 听起来不错。你有空的时候给我电话。
K: Sure thing. Here's my number.
K: 那是一定的,这是我的号码。
S: Thanks, man. See you later!
S: 谢谢,哥们儿。再见。
awesome['ɔːsəm] adj. 了不起的,很棒的
relief[rɪ'liːf] n. 轻松,宽心
自我介绍这一环节在美国课堂上经常会遇到。开学的第一堂课老师会让学生自告奋勇做自我介绍,尤其是学生较少的研究生班,每个人都逃不过这一环节。值得注意的是,国际学生往往是全课堂的焦点,尤其是来自亚洲的学生群体。亚洲学生普遍比较内向,没有美国学生那样外向能说,而且亚洲学生也不喜欢问老师问题,尤其是中国学生。中国学生喜欢聚在一起,不过这一点正是需要中国留学生注意的,因为到国外留学的目的之一是锻炼语言,要抓住所有锻炼语言的机会,包括每一个自我介绍、演讲的机会,另外多和美国同学在一起,尽量融入美国学生圈儿里去,彻底感受美国文化。