01.The milk is not fresh at all.
牛奶一点儿都不新鲜。
02.I've never eaten such terrible food.
我从来没有吃过这么糟糕的饭菜。
03.The coffee is bitter.
这咖啡太苦了。
04.What kind of food do you like best?
你最喜欢什么样的食物呢?
05.I ordered beef, but you give me pork.
我点了牛肉但是你给我上的是猪肉。
06.The chicken soup is too terrible.
鸡汤实在太难喝了。
07.I thought the food wasn't spicy.
我原以为这个菜不会这么辣。
08.The meat is a little tender.
这片肉不太熟。
09.It doesn't taste very fresh.
这个尝起来不够新鲜。
10.It's too greasy/oily.
太油腻了。
Waiter:What can I do for you, sir?
Paul:The pork I ordered was not fresh. It's a pain in the neck.
服务员:先生,有什么我能帮您的吗?
保罗:我点的菜里面的猪肉不新鲜。真让人讨厌。
Waiter:This is very unusual as we have fresh pork from the regular supplier every day.
Paul:So what?It's not fresh indeed. This is very annoying, you know.
服务员:这种事很少发生,因为我们每天从固定的供应商那里进货。
保罗:那又怎么样?肉确实不新鲜。你知道这非常令人讨厌。
Waiter:I'm sorry, sir. But please be assured that we will look into the matter.
Paul:OK.
服务员:对不起,先生。不过请放心,我们会调查此事的。
保罗:好吧。
Waiter:What about a delicious dessert, then, with our compliments?
Paul:I'm not so keen on desserts as a habit. They are fattening.
服务员:那么来点儿可口的甜点怎么样?请免费品尝。
保罗:我不习惯吃甜点。甜点容易使人发胖。
Waiter:I'm sure everything will be right again the next time you come here.
Paul:Are you sure?I'm very fussy.
服务员:我保证下次您再来时一切都会好的。
保罗:你确定?不过我很挑剔的。
Waiter:I have every confdence in our chef. Just give us another chance.
Paul:All right.
服务员:我非常相信我们的厨师。只不过需要再给我们一次机会。
保罗:那好吧。
Paul:That restaurant sucks!I can't believe the horri-ble service we got!
Waiter:Yeah, I'm never going there again.
保罗:那家餐馆太差劲了!真是不敢相信他们竟然为我们提供那么糟糕的服务。
服务员:是的,我再也不会去那里了。
读书笔记____