01.May I speak to Dr.Robert, please?
请让罗伯特博士接电话,好吗?
02.The line is engaged.Will you please hold on?
线路很忙。您可否稍等一下?
03.Hello.After Sales Service.
您好。这里是售后服务处。
04.Sorry, I wasn't in when you phoned.
很抱歉,你给我打电话的时候我不在。
05.Sorry to have kept you waiting.
实在对不起,让您久等了。
06.What did you phone me up for?
你给我打电话有什么事吗?
07.I'm sorry I wasn't at home when you called.
对不起,你打电话来时我没在家。
08.I can't hear you very well.
我听不太清楚。
09.May I call you back?
我再打给你好吗?
10.I'm afraid you have the wrong number.
恐怕你打错电话了。
Joe:Good morning!
Pat:Can I speak to Miss Cooper, please?
乔:早上好!
帕特:我可以同库柏小姐通话吗?
Joe:Would you hold on a second, please?Miss Coo-per's extension is engaged.
Pat:Engaged?Oh, dear!
乔:请等一等,库柏小姐的分机正忙着。
帕特:占线,噢,天哪!
Pat:Could you tell her it's a long-distance call?
Joe:I'm sorry, sir. I can't interrupt her.
帕特:能不能告诉她这是长途电话?
乔:抱歉,先生,我不能打扰她。
Pat:How long do you think she'll be?
Joe:I really can't say how long she'll be.
帕特:你觉得她会打多长时间?
乔:我确实不知道她会打多长时间。
Pat:Can I leave a message, please?
Joe:Yes, certainly.
帕特:我能不能留个口信?
乔:好的,当然可以。
Pat:Can you tell her I'm waiting to speak to her?
Joe:Yes, sir.
帕特:能不能告诉她我正在等着跟她讲话?
乔:是的,先生。
Joe:I'll give her a buzz on an inside line if you like.
Pat:Thank you very much.
乔:如果你愿意的话,我用内线打。
帕特:非常感谢。
Joe:Hello!
Pat:Hello!Is that Jane?
乔:喂!
帕特:喂!是简吗?
Joe:Is Jack in?
Pat:No, he is out now.
乔:杰克在家吗?
帕特:他出去了。
Joe:Who is speaking?
Pat:I'm his wife.
乔:请问你是哪位?
帕特:我是他的太太。