触类旁通
I have to move my house.
我不得不搬家了。
超级情景会话
(Mr. Johnson wanted to move his house to Seattle.He was talking with an agent of the Roddy House-moving Company.)
(约翰逊先生想把家搬到西雅图。他正在与罗帝搬家公司的人员交谈。)
Client:Good morning!What can I do for you?
职员:早上好!有话请讲。
Johnson:I want to move my house to Seattle.
约翰逊:我想把家搬到西雅图。
Client:When will you want to move?
职员:你想什么时候搬?
Johnson:Next Saturday.
约翰逊:下周六。
Client:OK. How many things do you have?
职员:可以。你家有多少东西?
Johnson:Refrigerator, washing machine, two beds, one wardrobe, two bookcases, one table and some small things.
约翰逊:冰箱、洗衣机、两张床、一个衣柜、两个书架、一张桌子和一些小物件。
Client:Then you need a big truck?
职员:那么你需要一辆大卡车?
Johnson:All right. And what is the charge?
约翰逊:好吧。费用是多少?
Client:$300.
职员:300美元。
Johnson:Thank you, sir. This is my address.Please arrive on time because I have many irons in the fire.
约翰逊:谢谢,先生。这是我的地址。请准时到达,因为我还有很多要紧事要做。
Client:Sure. We will arrive at 7:30 am.
职员:当然。我们7点半到。
关键词汇
refrigerator/ri'fridʒəreitə/n.冰箱
wardrobe/'wD:drəub/n.衣柜
address/ə'dres/n.住址,地址;演说,致词
经典释疑
·Please arrive on time because I have many irons in the fire.请准时到达,因为我还有很多要紧事要做。
have many irons in the fire的字面意思是指“铁匠同时有几件活儿在火里等着打”,在口语中意指“同时有几件要紧的事情要做”或“同时有很多问题得解决”。例如:Our teacher is always as busy as a bee, often having many irons in the fire.咱们老师总是忙忙碌碌,同时有很多重要的事得做。
常用语聚焦
1.When will you move?
你什么时候搬家?
2.Have you moved into your new house yet?
你们搬进新房了吗?
3.As D-day approached we still weren't ready to move house.
临近搬家日期,我们仍舍不得搬家。
4.How is your new house going?
你们的新家怎么样?
5.Your new house is very comfortable.
你的新房子很舒适啊。
6.Could you help us with the moving on Saturday?
星期六能帮我们来搬家吗?
7.He is anxious to get into the new place.
他急着搬家了。
8.The new couple is moving in next week.
这对新婚夫妇将于下周迁入新居。
9.Congratulations on your move!
恭喜你乔迁新居!
10.You can't expect me to move my home at the drop of a hat.
你别指望我说搬家就搬家。
高频词汇链接
moving home 搬家
remove/ri'mu:v/vt.搬家,迁移
to move 搬迁
removal/ri'mu:vəl/n.移动,搬迁
household moving 住宅搬迁
pull up stakes 搬家,迁居
to move house 搬家
piano moving 搬钢琴
make a move 搬迁
office moving 办公室搬迁
movement/'mu:vmənt/n.搬迁