触类旁通
Do you like to go shopping this weekend?周末想去逛街吗?
超级情景会话
Jasmine:Why don't we get you some shirts?
贾思明:给你买一些衬衫吧。
Falcon:I want to leave. We've already been here two hours.
福尔肯:我想走了。我们已经在这里逛了两小时。
Jasmine:But we should get you some shirts while we're here. You need summer shirts.
贾思明:但是我们需要给你买几件衬衫。你需要夏天穿的衬衫。
Falcon:I would rather buy them somewhere else. Jasmine:Why?They have everything here.
福尔肯:我宁愿在别的地方买。
贾思明:为什么?这里什么都有。
Falcon:I don't like shopping in malls. I like shopping on the street.There is more variety.
福尔肯:我不喜欢在购物中心买东西。我喜欢逛街购物。比较有选择性。
Jasmine:Let's just look and see what they have.
贾思明:看看他们有什么就好。
Falcon:Alright.
福尔肯:好。
Jasmine:What about these shirts?Do you see anything you like?
贾思明:那些衬衫如何?有看到你喜欢的吗?
Falcon:The styles here are too boring for me. I told you.I like street shopping.
福尔肯:样式都不怎么样。我说过我喜欢逛街购物。
Jasmine:Oh, come on!Don't be so sour. These are beautiful shirts.I know if we don't buy some today, you will never go shopping by yourself.
贾思明:哦,别这样酸溜溜!这些衬衫都蛮漂亮的。如果我们今天不买的话,你不会自己来买的。
Falcon:Sure I would.
福尔肯:我会的。
Jasmine:Here. Look at this shirt.Try it on.
贾思明:看。这件衬衫,试试看。
Falcon:Do you have it in large?
福尔肯:有大号的吗?
Jasmine:I don't know. Let me look on the rack.Here is one.large.Try it on.
贾思明:我不知道。让我看看架上有没有。这件是大号的。试穿看看。
Falcon:Where is the fitting room?I don't see it.
福尔肯:更衣室在哪里?我没看到。
Jasmine:The fitting rooms are over there.
贾思明:更衣室在那里。
Falcon:Okay, I will try it on.
福尔肯:好吧,我试穿看看。
Jasmine:It looks great on you.
贾思明:看起来不错哦。
Falcon:I look like a nerd.
福尔肯:我看起来像傻瓜一样。
Jasmine:No, it looks great. Why are you always like this when you're shopping?You know it looks good.
贾思明:不会,很好看的。你为什么每次逛街都这样呢?很好看啊。
Falcon:Well, I don't think it's the best style for me.
福尔肯:我认为这种款式不适合我。
Jasmine:I think we'll buy this one. And I want you to try on this one too.
贾思明:我们就买这件吧。我要你也试试这一件。
Falcon:Alright. Alright.
福尔肯:好吧。好吧。
Jasmine:You should be happy I want you to look good. If I let you shop for yourself, you would never buy anything.
贾思明:我帮你打扮你应该感到高兴。如果让你自已逛,你一定不会买任何东西。
Falcon:Yes, maybe. But I like street shopping.There is more variety.
福尔肯:也许吧。但我还是喜欢逛街购物。有比较多的东西可看。
关键词汇
shirt/ʃə:t/n.衬衫,汗衫,内衣
nerd/nə:d/n.讨厌的人;笨蛋
variety/və'raiəti/n.多样,种类,杂耍
经典释疑
·The fitting rooms are over there.
更衣室在那里。
fitting room
试衣间
常用语聚焦
1.Why don't we go window-shopping?
我们去随便看看好不好?(只看不买)
2.Let's go to Soshow Store.
我们去搜秀商场。
3.We shop around before buying.
购买之前,我们先比比各家的货。
4.List all the items you need from the store.
把你要买的物品列在购物单上。
5.We need a lot of things this week.
这个星期我们需要购买许多东西。
6.Could I have a look at this facial cream?
我能看一下这个面霜吗?
7.Could I have my jeans hemmed, please?
您能把这条牛仔裤修改一下吗?
8.The next item on the list should be some toilet tissue.我们需要买一些卫生纸。
9.Can you show me your Nikes?
我可以看看耐克产品吗?
10.Where is the dressing room?
试衣间在哪儿?
高频词汇链接
shopping centre 商业中心区
change/tʃeindʒ/n.零钱;vt.改变;更改
department store 百货商店
children's goods store 儿童用品商店
to keep the bill 留发票
antique shop 古玩店
to wrap up 包装
second-hand store 旧货店
free of charge 不收费
counter/'kauntə/n.柜台
to deliver 送
stall, stand 售货摊
out of stock 售空
show window 橱窗
men's wear 男服
show case 玻璃柜
women's wear 女服
shelf/ʃelf/n.货架
underwear/'ʌndəweə/n.内衣裤
cash desk, cashier's desk 收银处
price tag 标价签
sports goods, athletic equipment体育用品
prices are fixed, fixed prices 有定价
discount/'diskaunt/n.打折扣
sundries/'sʌndriz/n.零星小物
toilet articles 盥洗用品
We cannot always build the future for our youth, but we can build our youth for the future.
我们不能总是为我们的青年造就美好未来,但我们能够为未来造就我们的青年一代。
——俄国化学家门捷列耶夫