购买
下载掌阅APP,畅读海量书库
立即打开
畅读海量书库
扫码下载掌阅APP

Internetsucht 上网成瘾

网瘾是指上网者由于长时间和习惯性地沉浸在网络时空当中,对互联网产生强烈的依赖,以至于达到了痴迷的程度而难以自我解脱的行为状态和心理状态。网瘾患者无法控制上网时间,表现为:花费在上网的时间比原定时间要长,想要减少或控制上网时间但失败。关注网上的情况超过自己的现实生活。如头脑中一直浮现和网络有关的事,在生活中心不在焉,有关网上的情况反复出现在梦中或想象中,只有上网时才充满兴趣。一旦减少或停止上网,即表现出消极的情绪体验和不良的生理反应。

Part 1 What is internetsucht 什么是网瘾

Recent reports indicated that some on-line users were becoming addicted to the Internet in much the same way that others became addicted to drugs, alcohol, or gambling, which resulted in academic failure; reduced work performance, and even marital discord and separation. Clinical research on behavioral addictions has focused on compulsive gambling, overeating, and compulsive sexual behavior. Similar addiction models have been applied to technological overuse, computer dependency, excessive television viewing, and obsessive video game playing. However, the concept of addictive Internet use has not been empirically researched. Therefore, the purpose of this exploratory study was to investigate if Internet usage could be considered addictive and to identify the extent of problems created by such misuse.

With the popularity and wide-spread promotion of the Internet, this study first sought to determine a set of criteria which would define addictive from normal Internet usage. If a workable set of criteria could be effective in diagnosis, then such criteria could be used in clinical treatment settings and facilitate future research on addictive Internet use. However, proper diagnosis is often complicated by the fact that the term addiction is not listed in the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders-Fourth Edition (DSM-IV; American Psychiatric Association, 1994). Of all the diagnoses referenced in the DSM-IV, Pathological Gambling was viewed as most akin to the pathological nature of Internet use. By using Pathological Gambling as a model, Internet addiction can be defined as an impulse-control disorder which does not involve an intoxicant. Therefore, this study developed a brief eight-item questionnaire referred to as a Diagnostic Questionnaire (DQ) which modified criteria for pathological gambling to provide a screening instrument for addictive Internet use:

Do you feel preoccupied with the Internet (think about previous online activity or anticipate next on-line session)?

Do you feel the need to use the Internet with increasing amounts of time in order to achieve satisfaction?

Have you repeatedly made unsuccessful efforts to control, cut back, or stop Internet use?

Do you feel restless, moody, depressed, or irritable when attempting to cut down or stop Internet use?

Do you stay on-line longer than originally intended?

Have you jeopardized or risked the loss of significant relationship, job, educational or career opportunity because of the Internet?

Have you lied to family members, therapist, or others to conceal the extent of involvement with the Internet?

Do you use the Internet as a way of escaping from problems or of relieving a dysphonic mood (e.g., feelings of helplessness, guilt, anxiety, and depression)?

Respondents who answered “yes” to five or more of the criteria were classified as addicted Internet users (Dependents) and the remainders were classified as normal Internet users (Non-Dependents) for the purposes of this study. The cut off score of “five” was consistent with the number of criteria used for Pathological Gambling. Additionally, there are presently ten criteria for Pathological Gambling, although two were not used for this adaptation as they were viewed nonapplicable to Internet usage. Therefore, meeting five of eight rather than ten criteria was hypothesized to be a slightly more rigorous cut off score to differentiate normal from addictive Internet use. It should be noted that while this scale provides a workable measure of Internet addiction, further study is needed to determine its construct validity and clinical utility. It should also be noted that the term Internet is used to denote all types of on-line activity.

Internet addict指的是“有网瘾的人”,网瘾就是Internet addiction,简称为net addiction。由于现在的net addict越来越多,尤其是 teenager net addict,所以为了他们的身心健康,决定对他们进行net addiction treatment。teenager net addict经常是video-game addict或computer game addict(对电脑游戏上瘾的人)。

许多人都是骨灰级游戏高手(ashes-level gamer)。还有很多人沉迷于网上聊天(online chatting)。他们如果不是在家里对着电脑,就是上网吧(Internet bar)。现在还出现了许多研究网瘾现象的文章,把网瘾现象称作“互联网成瘾综合症”(Internet addiction disorder,简称IAD),也称网络成瘾症,或者“病态网络使用”(Pathological internet use,简称PIU)。他们建议网民要解除网瘾,进行信息“节食”(Information “diet”)。

Part 2 Key words & Sentences 关键词句全知道

Which websites do you like best?

你最喜欢哪个网站?

Do you often get information through the net?

你经常通过互联网获取信息吗?

Do you think you can improve your English by surfing the Internet?

你认为上网能提高你的英语水平吗?

What do you think are the advantages of web surfing?

你认为上网有哪些好处?

Do you often go to cyber bars?

你经常去网吧吗?

How many Internet users are there in your university?

你们学校有多少人上网?

I am hooked on the Internet.

我对上网着了迷。

He spends most of his time online chatting with friends from all over the country.

他上网的大部分时间是和全国各地的网友聊天。

Addicted webworms lose not only their time, but money as well.

上网成瘾的网虫不仅浪费了时间,而且也浪费了金钱。

Through the Internet, you can buy goods from far away places.

通过互联网,你可以从遥远的地方购物。

Don't spend too much time chatting on the net.

不要在网上花太多时间聊天。

More than one in eight US adults find it hard to stay away from the Internet for several days at a time.

在美国,每八个成人中就有一个发现自己很难做到一连好几天不上网。

The study found one in eight adults admitted they needed to spend less time online, saying this showed problematic Internet use is present in a sizable portion of the population.

一项研究发现每八个成人中就有一个承认应该少花些时间上网,这表明时下在相当一部分人群中存在不正确使用网络的现象。

A smaller number of people say they use the Internet to escape problems or a bad mood.

一小部分人说他们上网是为了逃避问题和恶劣情绪。

Some people felt their relationships suffered because of excessive Internet use.

一些人感到他们的人际关系受到了过度上网的影响。

Part 3 Let's Talk! 开始交流吧!

Linda: You look sleepy.

琳达:你看上去很困。

Tim: Yes. I didn't go to bed until two o'clock this morning.

蒂姆:我今天早上两点多才睡。

Linda: You must chat on the internet.

琳达:一定又是在上网聊天。

Tim: Yes. How do you know that?

蒂姆:对。你怎么知道的?

Linda: Everyone knows that you are crazy about suffering the internet.

琳达:大家都知道你上网成瘾。

Tim: Really?

蒂姆:是吗?

Linda: In my point of view, it is a waste of time to surf the internet.

琳达:在我看来,上网就是在浪费时间。

Tim: Maybe you are right. But it's truly very interesting.

蒂姆:也许吧。但是上网真的非常有趣啊。

Linda: That's why you just can't give it up?

琳达:这就是你不能放弃的原因吗?

Tim: Partly. Apart from chatting on the net, I can learn a lot of knowledge from the internet.

蒂姆:一部分吧。上网除了聊天还能学到很多知识。

Linda: The internet can indeed broaden our mind and enrich our knowledge, but addicting to the internet is harmful. It will not only waste of time but harmful to your health.

琳达:网络的确能使我们开阔视野和丰富知识,但过度上网就有害了。沉迷上网不仅浪费时间,而且还会损害身体。

Tim: It seems that I should reduce the time of surfing the internet.

蒂姆:看来我需要减少上网的时间了。

Linda: Yes. There are plenty of things to do except for surfing the net.

琳达:是啊。除了上网还有很多事情可以做。

Tim: What will you do in your spare time?

蒂姆:你平时都做什么啊?

Linda: I always do exercise, read books and play with my friends.

琳达:我会做运动,看书,和朋友出去玩。

Tim: Your life style is very healthy, and I need to change my way of live.

蒂姆:你的生活方式很健康。我也要改变我的生活方式。

Linda: I support you.

琳达:我支持你。

Tim: Thank you for your warning, but I need to have a sleep now.

蒂姆:谢谢你的提醒,不过现在我要先回去睡一觉。

Linda: Okay.

琳达:好的。 pUkWAnGVgz/UqL4FBzulFJ9hC+MuY0bHl3dqRtIrhLAw0O28pQiszcWdS84kmLrO

点击中间区域
呼出菜单
上一章
目录
下一章
×