购买
下载掌阅APP,畅读海量书库
立即打开
畅读海量书库
扫码下载掌阅APP

Education 教育问题

教育是培养新生一代准备从事社会生活的整个过程,也是人类社会生产经验得以继承发扬的关键环节,主要指学校对适龄儿童、少年、青年进行培养的过程。广义上讲,凡是增进人们的知识和技能、影响人们的思想品德的活动,都是教育。狭义的教育,主要指学校教育,其涵义是教育者根据一定社会的要求,有目的、有计划、有组织地对受教育者的身心施加影响,把他们培养成为一定社会所需要的人的活动。教育的类型有正规教育、成人教育、技术教育、特殊教育、终身教育等。

Part 1 What is education 什么是教育

The Chinese government has placed priority on developing education, putting forward the strategy of revitalizing the country through science and education, making constant efforts to deepen the reform of educational system, and implementing the nine-year compulsory education. Governments at all levels are increasing investment in education and encourage people to run education through different channels and in different forms.

China's school education includes pre-school, primary school, secondary school, high school, university and college, as well as adult education.

(1) Pre-school education is for 3-5 year olds and takes place in kindergartens.

(2) Primary education is from 6-11. Primary schools are usually run by local educational authorities and over free tuition, although there are some private schools owned by enterprises and individuals.

(3) Secondary schooling is for children from 12-17 years of age. Education of this kind is run by local governments and various business authorities. State-run secondary schools include junior middle schools and senior middle schools, both with three grades or years. The first three years of secondary school are compulsory and tuition is free. Senior middle school is not compulsory and students must pay minimal tuition fees. Private secondary schools often offer specialized education and have a more vocational bent, but the qualifications they offer are considered to be on the same level as those of state-run middle schools. However, graduates from secondary professional schools are seen to have achieved a higher level in some ways akin to a university education. Students graduating from junior middle schools usually go to senior middle schools, although some others move to vocational high schools or secondary professional schools for 3-5 years of study.

(4) For higher education there are vocational courses as well as undergraduate, postgraduate, and doctoral degrees. Higher education is offered in universities, colleges, institutes, and vocational colleges. These institutions conduct academic and scientific research and provide social services as well as offering courses to students. To enter a university or college, students have to take the national entrance examination, which takes place every June and is now open to people of all ages. Selection is based on each student's marks in this exam, and due to the number of people sitting the exam. Getting into university is highly competitive.

(5) The adult education category overlaps all four of the above categories. Adult primary education includes Workers' Primary Schools, Peasants' Primary Schools, and literacy classes. Adult secondary education includes radio/TV specialized secondary schools, specialized secondary school for cadres, specialized secondary schools for staff and workers, specialized secondary schools for peasants, in-service teacher training schools and correspondence specialized secondary schools. Adult higher education includes radio/TV universities, cadre institutes, workers'colleges, peasant colleges, correspondence colleges, and educational colleges. Most of the above offer both two- and threeyear short-cycle (or zhuanke) curricula; only a few also offer regular undergraduate curricula.

中国是个有悠久历史的国家,也具有悠久的教育历史。从孔子办学(Confucius Institution),到私塾(private school)的广泛化,到汉朝的官学(official school),到隋朝的科举制度(imperial examination system)产生,再到科举被废除,西方的教育与思潮(ideological trend)到来。中国的教育走了很长的路,经历了很多的变革。但是中国的教育存在很多方面的问题。在教育基础(educational foundations)方面,教育投入(educational input)的缺乏、国家的不够重视以及教育观念的错误等是问题的关键所在。

在教育本身上面,教育目的没有完全达到,教育过程方法错误,各阶段的教育没有好的教育方针(educational policy)。在教育制度(educational system)上面,高考限制了智育以外的个人特长与爱好能力的发展。与其他国家相比较,我国的教育死板呆滞,除了高考以外缺乏全面的考察体系。科教兴国(develop the country through science and education)不应该只是一个口号,而是当我们的教育够好以后,其他国家的人一看我们的发展会说这是教育的功劳。

Part 2 Key words & Sentences 关键词句全知道

Education in any society is a mirror of that society.

教育是反映任何社会的一面镜子。

China's higher education has been developing sluggishly over the years.

我国高等教育长期以来一直处于较为迟缓的发展水平。

Nine-year compulsory education is implemented in China.

中国实行九年义务教育。

On no account can we ignore the significance of education.

我们绝对不能忽略教育的重要性。

Education should be geared to the needs of modernization, the world and the future.

教育要面向现代化,面向世界,面向未来。

Education is the bedrock of China's development, and fairness in education is an important form of social fairness.

教育是国家发展的基石,教育公平是重要的社会公平。

Attending schools abroad has many advantages.

出国留学有很多好处。

In recent years, studying abroad has flourished.

近几年来,出国留学的人数有不断上升的趋势。

Thousands of scholars and students have gone to foreign countries to study.

成千上万的学者和学生选择到国外深造。

Many people are sparing no effort in applying for going abroad.

很多人不遗余力地申请出国留学。

It is advisable to attend schools abroad.

出国留学是一种明智的选择。

Studying abroad can widen our vision and broaden our minds.

出国留学可以开阔我们的视野和思路。

Studying abroad is a very useful way to enhance one's educational experience.

出国留学是丰富一个人教育经历的非常有效的途径。

The brain drain is a very serious problem in China.

中国人才外流现象严重。

Attracting them by favorable policies is an important tool.

给予他们优惠政策是一个很重要的方法。

Now, the returnees seem to have lost some of their luster.

如今海归们似乎已经失去了他们身上的那层光环。

Many students have expensive foreign educations paid for by their families.

许多学生是由家庭支付国外昂贵的学费的。

The returnees' biggest impact may be in opening up China to a flow of new ideas.

留学生回国最大的影响可能在于加快中国的开放步伐,引入更多的新思想。

For those Chinese who study in America, going back to China is one of the most difficult choices.

对于那些留美学生而言,是否回国发展是他们最困难的抉择。

Nowadays as more and more people study abroad, the returnees are not as popular as before.

现如今,随着留学的人数不断增多,海归也不像以前那么受欢迎了。

For those students who had financed their own education abroad, less than 3.9% of them return.

对于那些自费的留学生,回国比例不足3.9%。

Part 3 Let's Talk! 开始交流吧!

John: What is your name?

约翰:你叫什么名字?

Matt: My name is Matt.

马特:我叫马特。

John: Where are you from?

约翰:你从哪里来?

Matt: I come from Beijing.

马特:我来自北京。

John: Why do you want to study in the US?

约翰:为什么要去美国读书?

Matt: Because American education is the best of the world and American computer technology is very developed. There are so many famous computer companies, such as Microsoft, Apple and Dell. So I want to study in the US.

马特:因为美国的教育是全世界最好的,美国的计算机技术非常发达,有很多著名的公司,像微软,苹果和戴尔等。所以我想到美国学习。

John: Where are you studying now?

约翰:你目前在哪个学校上学?

Matt: Beijing No.4 Middle School.

马特:北京四中。

John: How many universities have you applied for? How many of them admitted you?Why do you want to study in this school?

约翰:你申请了多少个大学?有多少个录取了你? 为什么要选择这个学校?

Matt: I have applied three universities and one of them accepted me. I choose this university because I think the University of Maine is an excellent university in the US and its computer education is also very good.

马特:我申请了3所大学,其中一所录取了我。因为缅因大学是美国一所非常好的大学,并且它的计算机教育也非常优秀,所以我选择了这所学校。

John: How many of them give you financial aids?

约翰:他们中有多少给了你财政援助?

Matt: I didn't apply financial aids.

马特:我没有申请财政援助。

John: How long will you study in USA?

约翰:在美国要学习多长时间?

Matt: About four years.

马特:大约四年。

John: Have you been to USA before? Have you been to any other country before?

约翰:你以前去过美国吗?你以前去过其他国家吗?

Matt: I have been to the San Francisco and Los Angeles, to visit some universities with my classmates.

马特:我曾经去过旧金山和洛杉矶,和我的同学参观了一些大学。

John: What's your major?

约翰:你要学习什么专业?

Matt: Computer Engineering.

马特:计算机工程。

John: Why do you choose this major?

约翰:为什么要学习这个专业?

Matt: Because I like computer knowledge and I have studied computer at my junior high school so I want to continue to study Computer science.

马特:因为我喜欢计算机,并且在学校学过这个专业。所以我想继续学这个专业。

John: Who will support you to study in the US? Who will be your sponsor?

约翰:谁会资助你到美国读书?谁是你的担保人?

Matt: My parents.

马特:我父母。

John: How about your parents'annual income or monthly salary?

约翰:你父母的年收入或月收入是多少?

Matt: My parents' annual income is about 300,000 RMB.

马特:我父母的年收入大约是300,000元人民币。

John: What do you plan to do in the future? What is your plan for your future?

约翰:你将来打算做什么?你对未来有什么计划?

Matt: I will study hard first and I will come back to China when I finish my study in the US because China become more and more stronger and there are a lot of chances in China.

马特:我首先会努力学习,等我完成学业后,我会回到中国。因为中国现在越来越强大,机会比较多。 3zhmFkIItWirX+HDirVma9WyDLoSxHorjNpJ/5OLOvXfquy6jOynfLSfD08kkoOU

点击中间区域
呼出菜单
上一章
目录
下一章
×